Hi everyone,

I am watching Quercus a few months now und and in comparison to other
projects
I realised that some tools are still missing to offer Quercus to a
broader audience.

At the moment, PHP based frameworks (mostly MVC) are spreading all over
the place
and all of them are developed in PHP itself, which may lead to some
problems.

 - Each framework has its own opinion about implementing certain things
like sessions, db-abstraction and so on
 - Since those frameworks are developed in PHP "natively" they often
have some performance issues
 - They are not bound to any standardisation definitions like the JSR

So my idea for my final thesis to come would be to implement an MVC
framework written in Java and
serving Quercus to be usable from within a PHP script.

My question is now, would be such an MVC framwork as extension to
Quercus reasonable?

I'd say yes, since it is not certain that all PHP based MVC frameworks
work with Quercus out of the box.

I'd like to hear your oppinion about that and thank for your patience.

Regards,

--
Markus Bopp

*** Bitte beachten Sie meine neue Festnetznummer! ***

Fussfallstr. 44
D-51109 Koeln

Phone:     +49 (0)221 42346894
Mobile:    +49 (0)178 3269235