There is a servlet-mapping named "directory" that may help..

<servlet servlet-name="directory"
   servlet-class="com.caucho.servlets.DirectoryServlet"/>

Change that to your servlet, remove any pages as welcome pages (in
welcome-file-list), and then your servlet runs if you try to hit a
directory.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501