I use Resin on a windows machine. I tried both specifying the
args in resin.conf and starting Resin with 'httpd.exe args'.
Specifiying them in resin.conf results in:
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
        at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.parseCommandLine(Resin.java:934)
        at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.main(Resin.java:1341)
Can't connect to parent process through socket 1976
Resin needs to connect to its parent.
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$KeySet from C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\jre\
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$IdentityHashMapIterator from C:\Programme\Java
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$KeyIterator from C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.6.0_02
[Loaded java.io.DeleteOnExitHook from C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\jre\lib\rt.j
Resin doesn't start up.
Starting httpd.exe with the args
C:\Programme\resin\httpd.exe -Xdebug -Xnoagent
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=12345 -server a
causes Resin to start up correctly saying
"Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 12345
Resin Professional 3.1.2 (built Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:30:06 PDT)
Copyright(c) 1998-2007 Caucho Technology.  All rights reserved.
As I wrote before, partly it works, because I can see the Resin Threads in
the Eclipse Debug perspective.
Interesting thow that specifying the arguments in the resin.conf and with
httpd.exe behaves that different.
Regards Martin