        Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Mike
Wynholds
        Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. August 2007 19:31
        An: General Discussion for the Resin application server
        Betreff: Re: [Resin-interest] Debugging Resin Apps in/with Eclipse

        Just to be even more specific, the requirement for putting the cmd line
args in resin.conf on windows actually kicked in at 3.1.2 (for some reason).
With 3.1.1 I was able to debug by putting the cmd line args on the cmd line.
Dunno why.

        As for getting debugging to work with windows and Resin 3.1.2, I am
able to do so with IDEA (dunno about eclipse), but adding this to resin.conf:

              <jvm-arg>-Xdebug</jvm-arg>

              <jvm-arg>-Xnoagent</jvm-arg>

              <jvm-arg>-Djava.compiler=NONE</jvm-arg>

<jvm-arg>-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005</jvm-arg>

        and then having IDEA connect to any old remote server (nothing Resin
specific).

        what you are seeing when you put the cmd line args on the cmd line is
the Resin watchdog process running in debug mode.  so you could debug the
watchdog process, but not the Resin process.  not quite what you want.

        ..mike..