On Sep 21, 2007, at 1:51 PM, chris monster wrote:

> our Resin-Pro 3.0.22 deploy is experiencing 'silent' JVM exits.
> with a bit of
> code tweaking on our side, we managed to capture the following
> stack trace:
>
>       at java.lang.Runtime.halt(Runtime.java:252)
>          at com.caucho.server.admin.PingThread.run(PingThread.java:
> 361)
>
> we have not enabled ping in resin.conf.

The PingThread should only be created if there's a <ping> element (or
<resource> with ping).  I just skimmed the code and can't see where
it would be allocated with no <ping>.

> should PingThread be doing this?  or might this be a bug?

The PingThread thinks Resin is frozen, i.e. either that the ping has
failed to get the data or just locked up, e.g. if the JVM has
locked.  In other words, it thinks the jvm is in a very bad state,
which is why it's exiting with no message (because the lockup might
be message related, too).

The main puzzle, though, it why there's a PingThread.  Can you double
check the resin.conf and any included files?