thanks Scott; we actually know what is going wrong (out of memory); we were
at a loss to explain what killed the jvm.

Scott Ferguson wrote:
> Yes.  The PingThread is active in that case.  It does some other more
> minor checks even if there are no URLs.
> Were you able to get a thread dump?   One way that situation could
> occur is if the threads completely fill up or the Alarm freezes.  It
> is an indication that something is significantly wrong, most likely
> with some kind of threading issue.
>   -- Scott
Register today for the Algorithmics Risk Conference 2007, September 24 - 26,
Cannes, France.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and proprietary
to Algorithmics Incorporated and its affiliates ("Algorithmics"). If received
in error, use is prohibited. Please destroy, and notify sender. Sender does not
waive confidentiality or privilege. Internet communications cannot be
guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. Algorithmics does not
accept liability for any errors or omissions. Any commitment intended to bind
Algorithmics must be reduced to writing and signed by an authorized signatory.