I am having trouble upgrading my web.xml to use servlet 2.4 instead of 2.3. I removed the doctype, and added the schema stuff to the web-app tag. I'm getting this error:

SEVERE com.caucho.config.LineConfigException: WEB-INF/web.xml:16: <access-log> is an unexpected tag (parent <web-app> starts at 5).

I didn't move the access-log tag, and according to http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.0/config/log.xtp#access-log, it should be a child of web-app.

Here's the top part of my web.xml:

<web-app version="2.4"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";>

   <access-log path="logs/access.log"

If I comment out the access-log tag, I get the same error with a rewrite-dispatch tag further down in the file (<rewrite-dispatch> is an unexpected tag). I noticed that access-log and rewrite-dispatch are not in the <web-app> syntax info that gets written to the error log. Where should they go?

Kimberly Nicholls