>> Exactly my thought. I don't see any information about the number of
>> concurrent threads, so unless this is implicit by some means out of my
>> knowledge, this measures only a single request. Doesn't say much about
>> how an appserver performs in a live environment. Most comparisons I've
>> seen (years ago now) showed that which server performed best depends
>> quite a bit on how much load (concurrent requests) it is under.
>> Also, if you want to compare maximum performance you'd want to use
>> Resins JNI features and make use of Resins fast JSTL.
> fair enough! i agree this is not a valid and representative benchmark.
> but: people are reading those and especially people who decide things.
I thought I'd post a clarification on the blog, but it didn't work.

Btw, here is a more recent "comparison" on the same blog:
Still just a single thread though, so still not a performance
comparison. (And this time the author hints to be aware of that too)
This time Resin (supposedly GPL) and Tomcat has about the same results
(as do the others).