On Oct 25, 2007, at 7:54 AM, Gary Zhu wrote:

Not sure whether Jetty is doing hot-deploy or not.

With Resin:

<web-app>
<!-- when the timestamp of your war file changed, Resin will (cold) redeploy it -->
    <dependency path="{one of your war files}">
</web-app>

I'm not sure that's what he wants. The archive-path is probably the right attribute:

<resin xmlns="http://caucho.com/ns/resin";>
  <web-app id="/foo" path="foo" archive-path="${maven_path}/foo.war"/>

That would make Resin look in ${maven_path}/foo.war instead of webapps/foo.war for the archive to expand. The usual Resin dependency checking would still occur.

-- Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:resin-interest- [EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Mark Derricutt
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 1:26 AM
To: General Discussion for the Resin application server
Subject: [Resin-interest] Deploying .war files directly from a maven repository - possible?

Hey all,

Does anyone know if its possible to (extend/patch/plugin) get Resin to automatically deploy a .war from a maven2 repository similar to what polarrose have done with jetty:

http://code.google.com/p/polarrose-jetty-maven-deployer/

The idea is to have a process automatically what a repository for new SNAPSHOT wars and automatically redeploy the application with the new one.

Is anything like this possible?

Mark

--
It`s not the tree that forsakes the flower, but the flower that forsakes the tree
Someday I`ll learn to love these scars - Bye Bye Beautiful