That may actually solve my problem, but what the jetty maven deployer does
is take the war file from remote repositories based on:

  - Repository URL (http resource, thou maven supports ftp, scp, sftp etc.)
  - groupid
  - artifactid
  - version number

These values 'describe' the artifact rather than point to a physical file

I should be able to do a mix of archive-path pointing at a .war file in the
local maven cache, and a separate process which manually does the maven