Apache is not only running this webapp.. It's also running phpBB, wordpress, trac, and other software that is hosted on the same server. So I do need apache in the equation.

The existing workaround to send all requests to resin is working now for me... I'm only suggesting whether mod_caucho should add an additional check to see whether there are any filter patterns for "/ *", and if so, mod_caucho should redirect all requests to that specific webapp to resin for processing even if no servlet-mapping matches the request url pattern.

-ck