On Oct 31, 2007, at 6:44 AM, Kai Virkki wrote:

> And to add to this, I noticed that in my cluster setup, both
> valueUnbound and sessionDestroyed get called when i shutdown the Resin
> node that the session is currently on. I don't think this is
> appropriate since the user's session will continue fine on the other
> Resin node. I have a problem here, because I need to release some
> resources when user session REALLY ends, not when one of the nodes
> dies.

I've added this as a bug report, but the main problem is that there
are really two cases that matter.

First, when the value/session is removed in memory (e.g. to handle
JVM-specific stuff like Sockets).

Second, when the session is totally removed.

The servlet api doesn't really handle persistent sessions well.  It's
mostly centered around a single JVM.  So valueUnbound means the
attribute is removed from the session instance (case #1).
SessionDestroyed is even more complicated.

-- Scott