hello,

i have a question defining webapps with Resin 3.0. We are helping our
customer to migrate from Resin 2.x to 3.0.21 and we have a big problem.
We need to start a web-app which runs in the top level and is used in
the Webapplications defined in the underlaying host-definitions.
In Resin 2.x it was possible to define webapps under the
"http-server"-Tag. With resin 3.0 its not possible anymore because
web-app-definitions can only be children of <host> or <web-app>.
We have an own Webapp named PortalManager which should be launched only
once. That Web-app initializes objects should be accessible and used in
all web-apps of our virtual hosts. We have around 80 virtual hosts
defined in this way.
With Resin 3.0 it seems a configuration like that is not possbile
anymore.
Is there a way how that can be achieved without starting the
PortalManager-Webapp in every virtual host?

Our old Resin 2.x Config:

<caucho.com>
        <http-server>
                <app-dir>/wwwdoc/</app-dir>

                <!--
                        PortalManager Application as WARfile in webapps
directory
                        *** Applications are accessible by all web-apps
of subsequent virtual hosts ***
                -->
                <war-dir id='webapps'/>

                <host id='portal.host1.de'>
                        <web-app id='/'>
                                <app-dir>/wwwdoc/xxx-prod</app-dir>
                        </web-app>
                </host>

                <host id='old.host2.de'>
                        <web-app id='/'>
                                <app-dir>/wwwdoc/yyy-prod</app-dir>
                        </web-app>
                </host>

                <host id='www.host3.de'>
                        <web-app id='/'>
                                <app-dir>/wwwdoc/zzz-prod</app-dir>
                        </web-app>
                </host>

        </http-server>
<caucho.com>

Our Resin 3.0.18 Config: There the PortalManager-Webapp is defined in an
own host-area which results in that the webapps in the other hosts cant
access to it.

<resin xmlns="http://caucho.com/ns/resin";
       xmlns:resin="http://caucho.com/ns/resin/core";>

        <host id='' root-directory='/opt/xxx'>
                <!-- PortalManager Application as WARfile in webapps
directory -->
                <web-app-deploy path='/wwwdoc/webapps'/>
        </host>

        <host id='portal.host1.de'>
                <web-app id='/' document-directory='/wwwdoc/xxx-prod'>
                </web-app>
        </host>

        <host id='old.host2.de'>
                <web-app id='/' document-directory='/wwwdoc/yyy-prod'>
                </web-app>
        </host>

        <host id='www.host3.de' document-directory='/wwwdoc/zzz-prod'>
                <web-app id='/'>
                </web-app>
        </host>

</resin>

Thanks in advice,
Roland
--

TRIA IT-consulting GmbH
Joseph-Wild-Stra?e 20

Registergericht Munchen HRB 113466
USt.-IdNr. DE 180017238 Steuer-Nr. 802/40600
Geschaftsfuhrer: Thomas Lerner