On Nov 5, 2007, at 1:27 AM, Wandl, Roland wrote:

> hello,
>
> i have a question defining webapps with Resin 3.0. We are helping our
> customer to migrate from Resin 2.x to 3.0.21 and we have a big
> problem.
> We need to start a web-app which runs in the top level and is used in
> the Webapplications defined in the underlaying host-definitions.
> In Resin 2.x it was possible to define webapps under the
> "http-server"-Tag. With resin 3.0 its not possible anymore because
> web-app-definitions can only be children of <host> or <web-app>.
> We have an own Webapp named PortalManager which should be launched
> only
> once. That Web-app initializes objects should be accessible and
> used in
> all web-apps of our virtual hosts. We have around 80 virtual hosts
> defined in this way.
> With Resin 3.0 it seems a configuration like that is not possbile
> anymore.

Look at <host-default>.  You can use

<host-default>
   <web-app id="" root-directory="/wwwdoc">
   </web-app>
</host-default>

The webapp would be started in each host.  That should actually be
the same behavior as Resin 2.1.  Resin 2.1 didn't have the notion of
shared web-apps; it just had a confusing configuration in the place
of <host-default>.

-- Scott