Also... the test in the configure script does not properly detect the
64-bit-ness of the JVM. I noticed this and by default the JAVA_HOME
version is not 64 bit, but the SDK version is so a quick change in the
sybolic links leaves you with this:

jupiter2:Versions root# file /usr/bin/java
/usr/bin/java: Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures
/usr/bin/java (for architecture ppc7400):       Mach-O executable ppc
/usr/bin/java (for architecture i386):  Mach-O executable i386
/usr/bin/java (for architecture x86_64):        Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

But this doesn't seem to satisfy configure as this is the version
string:

jupiter2:Versions root# java -version
java version "1.5.0_13"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_13-
b05-237)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_13-119, mixed mode, sharing)

Thanks,

Jason