On doing more investigation, it seems the culprit is definitely the
included libtool script which is crushing my 64-bit intermediate
products (mod_caucho.o, etc) into 32-bit libraries.

Libtool seems somewhat(?) auto-generated (says so in the comments) and
as such doesn't seem to pick up the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS which work when
you edit the Makefiles manually.

This is what Apple specifies:

CFLAGS=-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -arch x86_64
LDFLAGS=-arch x86_64

Any thoughts at all?

Thanks,

J --