In any case, what you would probaby get with that setting would be for
Resin to call the init() method of the servlet generated from the JSP,
not making a ficticious call to your JSP as for that you need a
request, a response to send back to the browser etc. If you don't have
such things (request, response), it does not make much sense to use a
JSP.
You might want to look for an alternative using template languages
that are not that much http-request oriented, like, for example, a
context listener that reads/processes a freemarker template or similar
approches.

S!
D.