Sent: Saturday, 15 December 2007 11:10
To: General Discussion for the Resin application server
Subject: Re: [Resin-interest] Resin, Comet & applets - anyone?

On Dec 14, 2007 5:34 PM, John C. Turnbull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Has anyone tried using a combination of Resin, Comet and applets?  I see
examples using Comet with HTML-based technologies but is this also possible
for plain old applets?  I can't figure out how it would work (or IF it would

ive done only crude work with applets; many years ago at that.
however, if applets have a way to send an http request to the server
it is conceivable that the 'comet effect' could be recreated with them.
basically, all comet does is keep the http connection open.
its expensive, but as you know offers the ability to 'push' to the client.