Hi Steffen,

You can put the following code onto any JSP page and it will show you the
contents of the /etc/passwd file (or replace below with location of any
file).  I may have some glaring config issue with Resin, and I hope that I
do.

Help, Help, Help.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED] import="java.io.*" %>

<%

            String _filecontent = "";

            String _resultmsg = "";

            File file = new File("/etc/passwd");

                FileInputStream fis = null;

                BufferedInputStream bis = null;

                DataInputStream dis = null;

                try {

                  fis = new FileInputStream(file);

                  // Here BufferedInputStream is added for fast reading.

                  bis = new BufferedInputStream(fis);

                  dis = new DataInputStream(bis);

                  // dis.available() returns 0 if the file does not have
more lines.

                  while (dis.available() != 0) {

                  // this statement reads the line from the file and print
it to

                    // the console.

                   _filecontent += (dis.readLine());

                  }

                  // dispose all the resources after using them.

                  fis.close();

                  bis.close();

                  dis.close();

                } catch (FileNotFoundException e) {