On Jan 2, 2008, at 2:22 PM, Chris Cheetham - Sun Microsystems, Inc.
wrote:

> "searching" in Drupal under Quercus does not seem to be working due to
> Drupal's use of "CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE...".   When a search is
> submitted, Drupal creates a temporary table that should be reclaimed
> by Postgres when the session that created table is closed.  However
> when run in Quercus the session never seems to get closed.  As a
> result, the second and subsequent searches fail because the temporary
> table already exists.  I've confirmed the session is closed in a
> native PHP deployment by observing the Postgres logs.
>
> I'm new to PHP so I'm not sure if the session close is implicit when
> the PHP session/page ends, or if there needs to be an explicit close
> in PHP code. In either case, when run in Quercus, something (perhaps
> the Quercus/Resin PG Java implementation?) appears to inhibit the
> close.   Note I've tried Drupal 4.7.10 and 5.5 and Resin/Quercus and
> Tomcat/Quercus.

A bit more info ...

In a native PHP deployment, I notice that the DB connection is closed
about the the same time the PHP request completes.  In the Quercus PHP
deployment, the same disconnect occurs anywhere from 30-50 secs of
idle time after the search is submitted.