We would send valid SOAP requests but XFire was not interpretting
parameters correctly.

Eg. This SOAP request:

<soap:Envelope xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
               xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
               xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
   <soap:Body>
      <list>
         <deep>false</deep>
      </list>
   </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

would give this response:

2007-08-08 09:59:03,894 ERROR [resin-tcp-connection-*:80-14]
(DefaultFaultHandler.java:35) - Fault occurred!
org.codehaus.xfire.XFireRuntimeException: Invalid boolean value:
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.aegis.AbstractMessageReader.getValueAsBoolean(Abstrac
tMessageReader.java:115)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.aegis.type.basic.BooleanType.readObject(BooleanType.j
ava:16)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.aegis.AegisBindingProvider.readParameter(AegisBinding
Provider.java:169)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.service.binding.AbstractBinding.read(AbstractBinding.
java:206)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.service.binding.WrappedBinding.readMessage(WrappedBin
ding.java:51)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.soap.handler.SoapBodyHandler.invoke(SoapBodyHandler.j
ava:42)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.handler.HandlerPipeline.invoke(HandlerPipeline.java:1
31)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.DefaultEndpoint.onReceive(DefaultEndpoint.j
ava:64)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.AbstractChannel.receive(AbstractChannel.jav
a:38)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletController.invoke(XFireSer
vletController.java:304)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletController.doService(XFire
ServletController.java:129)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServlet.doPost(XFireServlet.java:
116)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:153)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:91)
        at
com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChai
n.java:103)

The only difference would be the version of Resin used. I think someone
else posted a question about it to the XFire mailing list and didn't
receive a response.