Hi,

I'm having trouble with using the XmlAuthenticator for putting a
war-deployed ROOT application behind digest authentication.  Below is my
host config.  If I leave the web-app tag out, the war file named ROOT.war
deploys and runs correctly at www.xxx.com.  If I add the web-app tag in as
shown, I get prompted for credentials.  When I enter the correct
credentials, I get: "index.do was not found on this server".  How can I
apply digest authentication to an entire domain that is deployed as a root
war?

<host id="www.xxx.com" root-directory="/www/www.xxx.com">
       <host-alias>xxx.com</host-alias>
       <database>
          <jndi-name>jdbc/xxx</jndi-name>
          <driver type="org.postgresql.Driver">

<url>jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/xxx?protocolVersion=2</url>
             <user>xxx</user>
             <password>xxx</password>
          </driver>
       </database>
       <web-app-deploy path="webapps" />
       <web-app id="/">
          <authenticator type="com.caucho.server.security.XmlAuthenticator">
             <init>
                <user>yyy:zzz==:user</user>
             </init>
          </authenticator>