On Jan 16, 2008, at 1:59 PM, Ilya Kasnacheev wrote:

> I've got a weird problem for which I don't have enough knowlege.
>
> We've got a rich webapp (CMS) which uses servlet, xalan, hibernate,
> struts1, a
> few rhino, log4j. Right now I'm testing new version, old one was less
> advanced and ran on resin 2.

This sounds related to a classloader/GC issue that was introduced in
3.1.4 (and is fixed in the snapshot.)

Try rolling back to 3.1.3 and see if you still have the issue (you
could try the snapshot, although the snapshot is a bit unstable at
the moment.)

The specific problem is the _scanListeners field in
EnvironmentClassLoader, which wasn't getting cleared in the destroy()
call.

> P.P.P.S. Sorry for my possibly lame questions.

Heh.  No, these are the opposite of lame questions.