Have you investigated using the rewrite-dispatch tag in your
resin.conf file? To do it at the domain level, you can put a rewrite-
dispatch block inside the <server> block. But it sounds like you want
it in the <web-app> block.

Maybe something like this?

         <redirect regexp="^/somepath/somefile\.jsp" target="/

Or maybe use <rewrite ...> instead of <redirect ...> if you want to
avoid sending a 302 to the requesting browser. There are several
different options.