The SecurityManager is horrible for performance.

That's why we don't recommend enabling it unless absolutely necessary. :-)

-- Scott

"Mktg. Incorporate Fast" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:              Hi,

  I am deploying Resin with the <security-manager/> tag in an ISP environment.
I am seeing a degradation in performance over not using the security manager.
I am not sure how to combat this, and make it run better.  I have been yahooing
for answers but can’t find any good ones.   Any suggestions are highly
appreciated.

  What I am seeing is that with each webpage request the server load-average
continues to climb on Solaris.  It does eventually drop, but it does take some
time.  This is on a development server that only has one host, and only me
clicking onto pages.  So I can’t imagine what will happen when deployed to a
production server.  It does not seem to be possible.

  Are there any ways to tune the JVM to optimize the <security-manager/>
performance?

  Thanks