On Feb 10, 2008, at 10:26 AM, majohnst wrote:

> I've been trying to use Hibernate instead of Amber for my
> persistence layer,
> but I am having a hard time getting it installed. I read in the list
> that
> version 3.1.4 was required in order to replace amber with hibernate.
> So I've
> downloaded 3.1.4
>
> I've also been following the instructions on the wiki:
> http://wiki.caucho.com/Hibernate about how to install hibernate in
> resin.
>
> Whenever I try these instructions, it looks like hibernate is never
> started
> up. I've followed the example on the wiki and included a @Named
> property in
> my servlet. I've also made sure that my persistence.xml file is the
> same as
> the example. When I start up resin, I get an error:
>
> com.caucho.config.ConfigException: Servlet._entityManagerFactory:
> Can't find
> a component for 'javax.persistence.EntityManagerFactory'
>
> So it looks like hibernate was never started or named properly. Does
> anyone
> know how to fix this?

Can you turn on level="fine" logging and look to see if the
persistence.xml is loaded at all?

Since you're using an .ear file, the ejb-server context would need to
be higher, e.g. at the <host> level, not the web-app.  That might be
an issue.

There also have been some fixes in 3.1.5 relating to the ordering of
classpath scanning and EJB startup that might be causing some trouble.

-- Scott