I wouldn't classify my setup as ISP environment. We have a handful of web applications that have a more or less independent lifecycle in terms of upgrades, availability requirements and so on. Also I have always favored running each application compartmentalized as much as reasonably possible. For me that means separate JVM, running as a separate user on the server. A chroot jail could be useful as well, but I haven't pursued that yet. The code in question is all our own, so we trust all the apps to be well behaved. Still we want to keep them separate, so for example an out of memory condition will only affect one app. I haven't done any work involving the security manager, other than a dirty hack to allow one brain dead library to work. We're on Linux servers.

-Knut

Mktg. Incorporate Fast wrote:
Hello Knut,

Are you hosting in an ISP environment?  If, so I am trying to enable resin
to do the same.  Can you please help me by describing the OS and method that
you are using resin in an ISP environment to allow multiple hosts on 1
server?

I am having difficulty with enabling resin in an ISP environment because of
the security issues with JAVA.  I am enabling JRE w/ the security manager
during testing but that appears to be quite slow.  With your environment are
you able to provide a fully secure virtual host environment?

If so I'd love to hear any suggestions that you may have to help me setup
this.

Thanks,

Joey