On Feb 11, 2008, at 6:23 AM, Jason D'cruz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do a JNDI Lookup in Resin using the Hessian libraries
> wit
> Resin 3.1.3
>

> My Client is
>
>                        Hashtable<String, String> env = new
> Hashtable<String, String>(5);
> env
> .put
> (Context
> .INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY
> ,"com.caucho.ejb.hessian.HessianContextFactory");
>
>                       env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,
> "http://localhost:8080/hessian";);
>

> Can anyone help me out with this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jason

Can you check with the 3.1.5 snapshot?  The Resin EJB support has been
significantly refactored in 3.1.5, in particular with the remoting.

Also, you might want to look at Resin's remoting APIs at
http://caucho.com/resin/doc/resin-remoting.xtp
, which would simplify the deployment significantly, especially if
you're using a stateless session bean.

The server deployment would look like:

<servlet-mapping url-pattern="/my-bean" servlet-class="qa.MyBean">
   <protocol uri="hessian:"/>
</servlet-mapping>

(I need to double check that the @Stateless annotation will work, but
it should.)

The client would look like:

<remote-client interface="qa.SampleHome">
   <uri>hessian:url=http://localhost:8080/hessian/home</uri>
</remote-client>

import javax.webbeans.*;

@javax.webbeans.In SampleHome _sampleHome;

That client syntax will work even if you're deploying the EJB in a
traditional EJB packaging.

-- Scott