I had found the <watchdog-port>... my issue with this is that when it binds to the IP, it binds to the main IP of the server... so if I have say 10 sites running on a machine, I would need to keep track of 10 unique port numbers to assign to each resin instance. In my case, each of the 10 resin instances are bound to different IP addresses on the server, so I would much prefer a way to specify that the watchdog port bind to the same IP the resin server is using for the sites themselves.

Bill Au wrote:
<watchdog-port>

http://www.caucho.com/resin/doc/resin-watchdog.xtp

I also want to run multiple independent instances on the same machine.
Scott and company, I think it will be useful to include an example of that in the resin 3.1 documentation for the watchdog process.
This is a big change from Resin 3.0 which took me a while to figure out.

Bill