Scott,

I've been trying multiple times to get Quercus to run phpbb3 properly
and I continue to have problems with getting the generated cached
template files to render consistently.

After a server restart, things work for a few pages until it hits some
sort of snag.  This consistently happens after I tried accessing
different pages that requires the template caching mechanism to kick
in.  Once that happens, the comments in the template fails to get
parsed afterwards.

Turning on full debugging output (finest level) produces exceptions
that are not entirely helpful:

[2008/03/11 20:18:52.873] idle PoolItem[jdbc/mpm,
4,ManagedConnectionImpl]
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874] com.caucho.quercus.QuercusExitException
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.quercus.env.Env.exit(Env.java:3852)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.quercus.expr.ExitExpr.eval(ExitExpr.java:82)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.quercus.program.ExprStatement.execute(ExprStatement.java:64)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.quercus.program.BlockStatement.execute(BlockStatement.java:
99)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.quercus.program.Function.callImpl(Function.java:354)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.quercus.program.Function.call(Function.java:294)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.quercus.expr.FunctionExpr.evalImpl(FunctionExpr.java:182)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.quercus.expr.FunctionExpr.eval(FunctionExpr.java:126)
[...]
com.caucho.quercus.program.QuercusProgram.execute(QuercusProgram.java:
239)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.quercus.page.InterpretedPage.execute(InterpretedPage.java:70)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.quercus.page.QuercusPage.executeTop(QuercusPage.java:119)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com
.caucho
.quercus.servlet.ResinQuercusServlet.service(ResinQuercusServlet.java:
146)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.quercus.servlet.QuercusServlet.service(QuercusServlet.java:
353)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:91)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com
.caucho
.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:
103)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com
.caucho
.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:181)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com
.caucho
.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:266)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.server.hmux.HmuxRequest.handleRequest(HmuxRequest.java:435)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at
com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:603)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool
$Item.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:721)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool
$Item.run(ThreadPool.java:643)
[2008/03/11 20:18:52.874]       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I wish the exception output would be a bit more information so I know
where the exception occurred.

Aside from that, I've tried different file caching mechanisms that is
supported by phpbb3's newest SVN trunk source tree. I tried out APC
and Memcache.  APC is still giving me similar problems but appeared
more consistent than the default file one.  Memcache has problems
starting up so it appears that memcache is still not fully implemented
yet.

Tried with compile off and on.  That didn't work either.

Are there any plans to get phpbb3 to work properly?

I guess if I get some time, the only way is to run quercus within
Eclipse or Idea and do a full break debug to see what's wrong.

Thanks,
Chris