The way I use it is I made a CMS that uses EJB3. This single CMS code base
can host multiple websites, each with it's own war file. The websites are
related, so they all share one database. In this scenario, I only have to
maintain one codebase instead of having the CMS code located throughout all
the different websites.

Matt