Scott,

I found the issue finally the metadata is not being returned for DESCRIBE
queries. So the part I haven't determined yet. Is metadata handled or
ignored for differnt SQL Statement types in Quercus? The ORM mapping within
CakePHP relies heavily on the metadata being returned from describe
statements.

** After some weird testing I just found the problem with the metadata not
being returned.
1) *Works* 'SELECT * FROM users'
2) *Fails* 'DESCRIBE users'

PHP Code.