conf/resin.xml  under your resin directory.  Search the file for "INFO" and/or "FINE" and you should find the logging section.

resin.xml is the main server wide config file.

web.xml is a per webapp file that lives in WEB-INF for your web app. That isn't resin specific.

Andrew

bstewart wrote:
Thanks.

I am using resin 3.1.2.  I could not locate a resin.xml file when I
searched.  I could not find any reference on how to 'turn on fine logging'
as yet for this version of Resin.  Am I missing something?

I presume that I must create a web.xml file for each virtual server, in the
WEB-INF directory.

Andrew Fritz-2 wrote:

Put this in resin-web.xml or web.xml:

<rewrite-dispatch>
    <forward regexp="^/dmcontent/(\d+)$"
target="/displaycontent.jsp?frmContentId=$1"/>
</rewrite-dispatch>

Of course there are other variation. Do you want an optional trailing
slash, etc.

Turn on fine logging in your resin.xml file. It will print the raw URL
requested when the request comes in and later the request as delivered
to whatever handles it (among many other things).

Andrew

bstewart wrote:

I have a rule that I was using with Tomcat which allowed me to make
dynamic
urls' appear static  .

ie  'www.domain.com/dcontent/12345' was rewritten as
'www.domain.com/displaycontent.jsp?frmContentId=12345'

The rule below accomplished that using urlrewrite.xml in the web-inf
directory with the corresponding library urlrewrite-2.6.0.jar

urlrewrite.xml RULE DEFINITION THAT I USE

 <rule>
             <from>/dcontent/([0-9]+)</from>
            <to>/displaycontent.jsp?frmContentId=$1</to>

        </rule>

I need to know the code to use for resin and where to place it.  Further
are
there any other keys or values that need to be set to turn on the
rewrite.
Everything I have tried has failed.

Thank you in advannce

Brian