I am using remote debugging (and profiling also) with IntelliJ. I assume it is tool agnostic. Here are the relevant JVM args from my server.conf file:

<jvm-args>-Xdebug</jvm-args>
<jvm-args>-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=9080</jvm-args>

Don't specify the same port on the watchdog start or things will fail since both instances of the JVM will try to use the same port. I just have a production and a dev conf file. That also lets me deal with things like our production machines having 16Gb of ram and my laptop only having 2Gb of ram.

For a previous problem others suggested defining a variable in the startup comment:

java -Ddev=true -jar lib/resin.jar ...

and then use that define in the config files. I suppose you could do that for this as well.

Andrew

Mattias Jiderhamn wrote:
I'm just in the process of upgrading my dev envorinment to Resin 3.1.
With Resin 3.0 I could attach my IDE debugger to Resin if started with -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005
With Resin 3.1, I would then attach to the watchdog process.
Is there an easy way to tell the watchdog to start Resin with a debugger port, or do I need different config files with different <jvm-args> for debug/no debug?

Thanks.

 /Mattias

begin:vcard
fn:Andrew Fritz