On Apr 25, 2008, at 5:29 AM, Riccardo Cohen wrote:

> Thanks for this information.
> The member is static for now because it is the same transaction used
> in
> all servlets.

The UserTransaction is basically a singleton, so you can use @In
UserTransaction anywhere and it'll all become part of the same
transaction.  One of the main points of transactions is that all of
your resources which commit together are in the same transaction, i.e.
all-or-none commit.

Normally, static is discouraged, though, as wesley said.

-- Scott