I just upgraded to resin 3.1.5 with a default configuration on Linux
x64 and it works only when I start it manually.

As the resin user, I start resin on the command line as follows:

/opt/sun-jdk- -jar /usr/share/resin/lib/resin.jar
-conf /etc/resin/resin.conf -resin-home /usr/lib/resin -verbose

I see that it's listening on port 6800, but there is nothing on the
watchdog port 6600, so I am assuming that the watchdog runs only when
it's "started". Anyway, here it talks fine with apache in this state.

But if I start with the "start" option to run it in the background,

/opt/sun-jdk- -jar /usr/share/resin/lib/resin.jar
-conf /etc/resin/resin.conf -resin-home /usr/lib/resin -verbose start

then it doesn't bind to 6800, but only to 6600.

I set debugging to all, but I don't see any reference to its binding
on any port.

Maurice Volaski, [EMAIL PROTECTED]