On May 6, 2008, at 1:22 AM, Tim Perrett wrote:

> Hey Scott
>
>> As long as you're returning from the resume call, the comet support
>> doesn't use a thread.  So there's no blocking I/O at all, and thread-
>> max shouldn't apply.
>
> So to clarify, after a call is suspended, it returns the thread to the
> thread pool?

That's correct.

Technically, the implementation isn't nonblocking-i/o because comet is
server-push, i.e. a write-only technology, so there's no need for
blocking i/o in the first place.

As a comparison, HMTP (http://caucho.com/resin/doc/hmtp.xtp), does use
nonblocking i/o, because reads in HMTP are asyncronous.  Jabber (XMPP)
is the same, and needs nonblocking i/o as well.

-- Scott