Resin 3.1.6 is now available.  The 3.1.x tree is now the stable
version and will contain only bug fixes.  New development will go into
the 3.2.x tree.

The release notes are at http://caucho.com/resin/changes/resin-3.1.6.xtp
The detailed changelog is at http://caucho.com/resin/changes/changes.xtp

1. Resin JSF

Resin's JSF implementation has been promoted to the 3.1.6 release.
The JSF implementation includes a large number of bug fixes and
compatibility testing.  Resin's JSF includes to important
enhancements: direct JSP implementation and Hessian serialization,
both of which improve performance and reduce session size.

2. Quercus (PHP)

A large number of bug fixes are included in the Quercus release.
We've moved our focus to a "killer app" strategy, where the first
priority of Quercus is keeping up to date with new killer app
versions.  The killer apps are currently:

   Mediawiki 1.12 (wikipedia)
   Drupal 6.0
   phpBB3
   Typo3
   Wordpress 2.5.1

3. HMTP (Hessian Message Transport Protocol)

   http://caucho.com/resin/doc/hmtp.xtp

HMTP is all about putting the "interactive" in RIA (rich interactive
applications.)  It's a high-performance, bidirectional, asynchronous
messaging system based on Hessian and XMPP (Jabber IM).   The current
implementations are in Java and Flash.

The underlying model is a Brokered Agent Messaging (bam), which is the
XMPP model.  Essentially, it's a hub-and-spoke messaging model with
dynamic services.  Agents are things like a chat login, or a chat room
nickname, or a game's player.

We think HMTP is the next step in web interactivity, leapfrogging over
the interim Ajax/Comet techniques.

4. scheduled-task

   http://caucho.com/resin/doc/resources.xtp

scheduled-task is a nice convenience bean for scheduling cron jobs.
The full cron syntax is supported.  scheduled-task can start Runnable
beans automatically, or invoke an EL method expression, or execute a
URL (convenient for PHP cron scripts.)

5. administration/reliability

   http://caucho.com/resin/doc/resin-admin.xtp

For Resin-Pro, the administration task now checks CPU usage every 60
seconds, either logging the results, or logging a thread dump if the
cpu is excessive.  It's possible to configure the admin to restart
Resin if the CPU usage it too high as wel.

6. logging

   http://caucho.com/resin/doc/config-log.xtp

We've cleaned up the logging a bit, making it easier to configure
custom logging Handlers and Formatting tools.  In addition, we've
split out <log-handler> as a separate configuration item, which
configures the log handlers directly.  <logger> configures the
Loggers.  (The older <log> is now discouraged since it combines both
and is a bit confusing.)

The logging has some new handlers: "event:", "jms:", and "hmtp:" which
lets you publish logging messages to WebBeans events, JMS, and HMTP
respectively.

share and enjoy!