On May 15, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Bill Au wrote:

I got move-permanently and redirect to work across webapps but am not able to get forward to do so. Is that possible at all with Resin? I am asking since I am not sure all the clients access my webapps can handle 301/302 to redo request to the new URL. For example, curl by default does not do so. You need to run curl with the -L/--location option in order for this to work.

I've added a bug report for this: http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=2681 .

Is the forwarded page a child web-app or a peer?

Normally, the forward is relative to the web-app itself. So if you want to forward from /foo to /bar, then we'll might need to add a different syntax to the rewrite-dispatch. (Hmm. It depends. Is the rewrite-dispatch in the <host> or the <web-app>?)

-- Scott

Bill