On May 19, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Rob Lockstone wrote:

> Ok, so at $500/server, that's $170,000,000. Scott, can I borrow some
> money? ;)

Ha ha.  Wouldn't that be nice.  Shame about the virtual hosts and open
source version :)

> I assume Tomcat falls under Apache, but what about WebSphere and
> WebLogic?

Tomcat is Apache Coyote.

I think WebSphere is IBM_HTTP_Server

I don't know what happened to WebLogic.  It used to be around Oracle's
numbers (15,000 or so), but it looks like it just dropped off the
bottom in Oct or Nov.

> Also, does that 340K include Resins that are installed behind Apache
> or IIS? Or are these standalone Resin's only?

These are standalone only.  Plus, many sites change the server-name to
"Unknown" or "Other" or "NOYB",  and it doesn't count internal web
sites.  So the Netcraft numbers aren't anything close to exact, but
it's still a nice popularity measure.

-- Scott