Hi All,

i am trying to get apache to dispatch requests to our resin backend.
i have setup apache the following way:
in global scope i have (yes, i do start apache with -D CAUCHO)
<IfDefine CAUCHO>
        LoadModule caucho_module modules/mod_caucho.so
        ResinConfigServer localhost 6802
        CauchoConfigCacheDirectory /tmp
        CauchoStatus yes
        <Location /caucho-status>
          SetHandler caucho-status
        </Location>
</IfDefine>

in the apache vhost config i have:
<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot /home/assembly/mat123_xms/app/docs
    ServerName app.xms.mat123.assembly.danskelearning.dk
    ErrorLog /home/assembly/mat123_xms/log/error_log
    CustomLog /home/assembly/mat123_xms/log/access_log common
    ResinConfigServer 127.0.0.1 6802
</VirtualHost>

the resin.conf contains the following two sections

   <host id="app.xms.mat123.assembly.danskelearning.dk">
        <host-alias>app.xms.mat123.assembly</host-alias>
        <web-app id="/"
document-directory="/home/assembly/mat123_xms/app/docs"/>
    </host>

and

    <cluster>
      <srun server-id="" host="127.0.0.1" port="6802"/>
    </cluster>

I can see that resin is listening on port 6802. and i receive the X when
connecting to the port using telnet. the resin server is working as expected
in standalone mode (using port 8080). The module is loaded into apache, since
when i start apache i see the following in my log
[notice] Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) Resin/3.0.25 configured -- resuming normal
operations

however connecting to http://localhost/caucho-status yields a 404 and the
servlet mappings from my application are not served by resin.

ie.
http://app.xms.mat123.assembly.danskelearning.dk:8080/um/login/
works fine but
http://app.xms.mat123.assembly.danskelearning.dk/um/login/
does not.

i have tried to sniff traffic between apache and resin and it looks like
mod_caucho does not even connect to resin (i am not sure about that however).

when compiling mod_caucho with debug enabled i, among other things, see this
error on stdout:
config.c:898 can't open config path '/tmp/localhost_6802' (errno=2)
(That particular line is missing a \n in the code BTW)

it seems to me, like mod_caucho and resin dont communicate with each other. is
there a way i can test the config that the resin server is outputting on the
srun port?

i have also tried to get manual dispatching to work, but no luck so far. i am
a bit at a loss as what to try next, so any suggestions are more than
welcome.

thanks in advance.
kind regards
Thilo