On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Scott Ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On May 24, 2008, at 5:59 PM, Frank Liu wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The section at http://www.caucho.com/resin/doc/resin-clustering.xtp
>> for load balancer config isn't very detailed.
>> Is it possible to configure resin 3.1 (pro) with several named virtual
>> hosts, each pointing to a different sets of resin instances in the
>> back?
>
> Yep.  You can just put the dispatcher in the virtual hosts on the
> frontend
>
> <resin xmlns="http://caucho.com/ns/resin";>
>   <cluster id="web-tier">
>
>      <host id="foo.com">
>         <rewrite-dispatch>
>            <load-balance regexp="" cluster="foo-tier"/>
>         <rewrite-dispatch>
>     </host>
>
>     <host id="bar.com">
>       <rewrite-dispatch>
>          <load-balance regexp="" cluster="bar-tier"/>
>       <rewrite-dispatch>
>    </host>
>
> Basically, the load balancer is just a servlet.  So you can configure
> it just as you could any other servet, either by virtual host or web-
> app or URL pattern.

I assume we don't have duplicate the foo-tier and bar-tier cluster id
configuration from the backend resin.conf to the front end? It's gonna
to be a maintenance issue if we have to do that.

Also, how does the front end know which host:port foo-tier and
bar-tier are running on? In the sample resin.conf, I see
<server id="web-a" address="127.0.0.1" port="6700"/>
is that the one? how can we adapt it for the virtual host config?

Thanks!
Frank