On Jul 21, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Shane Cruz wrote:

In Resin Pro 3.0 (specifically 3.0.23), what happens if you have two host blocks that both match the virtual host being requested? For example, what would happen if we have a configuration such as this and someone requests myhost.com?

<host id=”myhost.com”>
     <host-name>myhost.com</host-name>
     …
</host>

<host regexp="([wW]{3}\.)?(.+)\:[0-9]+">
<host-name>${host.regexp[2]}</host-name>
…
</host>

The reason I ask is that we have thousands of virtual hosts that match the regular expression, but we often want to make some specific settings for a given host (unique host-alias or something). Does Resin store these hosts in a list and use the first one that is found in the configuration?

Specific host ids have priority over regexps. So myhost.com should match independent of the order of those two tags. For two regexps, the first one should match.

-- Scott

Thanks,
Shane