Hi!

Hessian isn't actually anything new, it's been around for a long time.
At our company, we've been using it successfully for many years. I
don't know how popular Hessian is, but can recommend it over any
SOAP-style web services when you have control of both the client and
server. Hessian is very easy to use, has very good performance and has
implementations for all popular programming languages. See
http://hessian.caucho.com/ for more info.

Cheers,

Kai