I went looking for a simple graphing package today and found JpGraph
(PHP5 v2.3.3) <http://www.aditus.nu/jpgraph/>. Seeing that it was PHP,
I thought to myself, "Cool! I'll be able to use this with Resin's
Quercus/PHP Engine." Which is something I haven't yet had an
opportunity to play with.

So I downloaded JpGraph, got everything set up, and then tried to run
my first test, conveniently named "example0.php", only to see:

500 Servlet Exception

[show] java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at com.caucho.quercus.lib.ImageModule
$QuercusImage.<init>(ImageModule.java:1698)
     at
com
.caucho.quercus.lib.ImageModule.imagecreatefromstring(ImageModule.java:
770)
[...rest of stack trace deleted...]

A quick search for the error reveals:

http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=2673

Which is fixed, but only in the 3.2 development branch. That kind of
sucks. :-(  We're running a shop with a 100 server Pro license serving
tens of millions of hits per day and can't afford to run a development
branch of resin. So my questions are:

1. Anyone know of a decent graphing package that I can use with Resin
3.1.6 Pro (standalone, no apache or IIS front-end)? I just need to be
able to grab some stats from a database and create some simple graphs
(line, pie, bar, simple stuff). I don't care if it's PHP, but I'd
rather not write an applet to do it.

2. I know that the 3.1.x branch is closed to new features. But
couldn't this be classified as a bug in Quercus? I don't know how
complex the fix was, but if it could be ported back into 3.1.7, that
would be very helpful.

Rob