On Aug 27, 2008, at 5:37 AM, Patrick Wright wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm in the process of migrating an old configuration for Resin 2.1.2
> to Resin 3.1. In the old setup, we were launching resin using the
> wrapper.pl script, and in the process could pass any JVM arguments we
> needed, for example -XX arguments to hotspot, on the command line (as
> arguments to the wrapper script). In the new resin.conf, there are
> jvm-arg elements which belong to server-default or to server--must all
> JVM arguments be passed in that way, including -XX? Also, must system
> properties (-D) all be specified using via system-property elements?

We normally recommend using <jvm-arg> for the -XX arguments.  That
way, all of your configuration is in one file, not scattered across
multiple files.

> It looks like httpd.sh (these are Linux systems I'm working on) will
> pass arguments along to the process it starts, but I'm not sure, if we
> are running without a cluster configuration, if this is the same
> process as our server instance (assuming 1 per physical server at this
> point).

The issue is the Watchdog and the underlying Resin instance.  Any
command-line argument needs to be passed from httpd.sh, to the
ResinBoot to the Watchdog to Resin, and there were some versions where
command-line arguments weren't getting propagated from ResinBoot to
the Watchdog.

-- Scott