On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 06:51:29PM +0300, Heimo Laukkanen wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been spamming this list now so much that I thought to give a
> little presentation about my interests and our project's goals to get
> some feedback and thoughts from other users - so that I would not need
> to make any mistakes that could be avoided beforehand.

Hi Heimo,

Thanks for the introduction!  It's nice to know where all these
questions are coming from... ;-)

> PHP naturally makes business sense because of existing skills
> available at the marketplace. It is cheap to buy web developers by the
> dozen with existing scripting skills, compared to guys who have skills
> in Java MVC-frameworks. Prototyping with php is also lightning fast -
> and as all the important code has been dropped down to the business
> logic-layer, it is harder to shoot oneself to the foot with clever
> scripting tricks.

This is a great argument for using Quercus that we've been making for
years.  It's good to hear someone else make it independently.  I may
just quote you if you don't mind...

Emil Ong
Chief Evangelist
Caucho Technology, Inc.