I'm trying to implement a web service using CXF, and I found this page on the
wiki about configuring Resin for this purpose: http://wiki.caucho.com/CXF

It shows the following web.xml example:

<web-app xmlns="http://caucho.com/ns/resin";>
 <servlet-mapping url-pattern='/StrLenDemo/*' servlet-class='demo.StrLenDemo'/>

 <servlet-mapping url-pattern='/StrLen/*' servlet-class='demo.StrLenImpl'>
    <protocol uri="cxf:"/>

  <remote-client interface="demo.StrLen" name="StrLenClient">

I tried using this example, substituting my own class names, etc. where
appropriate, but when try to load the server, I get this error:
    WEB-INF/web.xml:207: 'type' is a required attribute of <protocol>

I don't understand what the 'type' attribute is supposed to represent, or why
the example did not have this included.
I was not able to find any documentation on this attribute.  What do I need to
do to make this work?

Another issue I have is that I use IntelliJ IDEA for my IDE, which normally
validates the web.xml file.  However it doesn't know about all these
resin-specific elements that aren't in the regular dtd for web.xml
I currently have this doctype in my web.xml:
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

I did some searching, but did not see any resin-specific dtd for web.xml.  I
noticed there is a relaxNG schema, but I'm not familiar with this, and wouldn't
know how to set the doctype to validate against one of these.  Does anyone know
a way to have IntelliJ recognize and validate against resin specific web.xml

Hans Loeblich