I am attempting to enable webdav for a test and I'm wondering if there
might be a step missing from the how-to page at
http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.0/servlet/webdav.xtp

For this test I am using the open non-secure settings (just to KISS).
I have copied the given servlet config section into conf/resin.xml

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>com.caucho.servlets.webdav.WebDavServlet</servlet-class>
  <init>
    <enable>write</enable>
    <root>WEB-INF/webdav</root>
    <secure>false</secure>
    <role>*</role>
  </init>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping url-pattern='/webdav/*' servlet-name='webdav'/>

and I see

==> /opt/resin/logs/msg.log <==
[09:44:39.308] webdav: init

but when I use a browser to access localhost:8080/webdav I get
a 404 Not-Found error.

on the chance it needed the root pre-created, I created the
webapps/WEB-INF/webdav directory, but I still get that error.

what did I miss?

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym at teledyn.com> =============================
Alice laughed: "There's no use trying, one can't believe impossible things."