On Sep 24, 2008, at 5:59 PM, Eric Kreiser wrote:

Can anyone explain what this log message is trying to tell me? What triggers it? What should I do about it?

[18 : 27 : 08.120 ]SessionImpl [abc0hfqSDgdsj_2WqEwYre3iHzZMfZbhNvCZQDk2EV9KGsC_EhF0McW2rasVM4rD8- tAVy0Kdup71uwvB1Keuf-iTx0UWUKA_aEI,] LRU while in use (use- count=1). Consider increasing session-count.

It's a timing issue. The sessions are held in a LRU cache. When too many sessions are being used, Resin drops the least used session. If that dropping happens at the same time as a session is being used (like a very long request), you'll get that warning message.

Typically, that would indicate that LRU is too small.

Eric S. Kreiser
Senior Software Architect

Mzinga
5095 Ritter Road • Mechanicsburg, PA  17055